Affordable Wedding Venue
To Do List
1. Set the date – check our events page for available dates or give us a quick call 01634 408544
2. Send save-the-date cards – make sure your guests don’t book something else and miss your special day.
3. Set your budget – we provide a very reasonably priced buffet. Contact us to discuss your requirements.
4. Draw up your guest list(s)
Try to make it equal and keep both families happy. Have a separate evening reception guest list if you want some work colleagues or friends of the family to come but you don’t know them well enough to invite them to the ceremony and the wedding breakfast.
5. Book your ceremony venue and then book the George pub and hall for your affordable Wedding venue reception
6. Appoint bridesmaids, a best man and ushers
7. Book your photographer and videographer
8. Meet your registrar
9. Book a DJ, band or entertainers – we know of some local DJs so do contact us to ask their availability
10. Book your cars – You’ll need to book one car for you and your father but may want to book others for your mother and bridesmaids.
11. Book your florist – If you’re on a tight budget, artificial flowers can be purchased that can be sold on after.
12. Book your honeymoon
13. Take out wedding insurance
14. Decide what kind of wedding dress you want and start your healthy eating diet and exercise programme
15. Order/make your wedding invitations
Don’t forget all the other wedding stationery including: orders of service, place cards and thank you cards
15. Order the wedding cake
Or cupcakes or ‘cheese cake’, or have your wedding cake home made.
16. Buy your wedding shoes and accessories
Get your shoes in good time for your first dress fitting, and your tiara and veil in time for your make up and hair trial. Choose what jewellery and any other bridal accessories you will wear.
17. Book your make up artist and hairdresser
Speak to several to find the one that’s right for you, then book a hair and make up trial complete with your tiara and veil if possible.
18. Buy your bridesmaid’s dresses and suits for the groom, best man, ushers and any flower girls or page boys.
19. Book the honeymoon suite
20. Buy your wedding rings
21. Send your wedding invitations
22. Order your venue décor and table decorations
23. Decide on a gift list
24. Choose wedding music and readings
25. Buy gifts for the best man, ushers and bridesmaids
26. Start to plan your hen and stag parties
27. Finalise the seating plan
28. Arrange the wedding rehearsal
29. Contact any guests who have not replied to your invitation
30. Arrange a date to pick up any hired suits
31. Write the wedding speeches
32. Have your hair trimmed and/or coloured
33. Have the wedding rehearsal
34. Wear-in your wedding shoes
35. Create a wedding emergency kit. Give this to your chief bridesmaid and include make up, a compact mirror and powder, lipstick, tissues etc – anything you think you might need on the day
36. Have your beauty treatments
37. Find your ‘something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue’
38. Have your nails manicured
Book it for the afternoon to avoid chips and breaks.
39. Try to get an early night
40. Get Married!